- Historic Rally Festival to take place on the 21st and 22nd August 2021
- Spectator stages at the famous Weston Park
- Free to enter rally village in Telford Town Park
The inaugural Historic Rally Festival will finally get underway on a revised date, 21st and 22nd August 2021 with live action at Weston Park in Shropshire made famous by the RAC Rally throughout the 1980s.
With the UK Government announcement at the beginning of this week paving the way for events to happen with spectators, the Historic Rally Festival is now in full planning mode to bring a fully MSUK permitted multi venue historic rally to reality.
This will be the first event of its kind in the UK, emulating the success of similar events in Europe.
Warner Lewis, Historic Rally Festival Organiser commented:
“It has been a very challenging time for everyone. We have had a number of false starts but finally, it looks like we will be able to make the Historic Rally Festival happen this summer.”
“This has been a long-held dream to create an event of this type and we are all looking forward to putting on the event and welcoming competitors, marshals and spectators.”
“All our partners are working hard to ensure everyone is looked after safely and this may mean restricted numbers. Tickets will go on sale very shortly for the Weston Park stage and will be available from Weston Park.”
“Everyone has been very supportive and finding a suitable date has been a challenge, as it has been for everyone. The situation remains fluid but roll on August!”
Telford town centre will be open and free to spectators on the Saturday 21st August, featuring live scrutineering, autograph sessions and a ceremonial start.
On Sunday the 22nd August, 80 cars will re-visit historic stages made famous by the RAC Rally and Weston Park will be the first live-action venue.
Tickets start at £15 per person and will go on sale on Monday 1st March at www.weston-park.com
- Website: www.historicrallyfestival.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HistRallyFest
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Historic-Rally-Festival-2020-103603601109158/
- Tickets: https://www.weston-park.com/event/historic-rally-festival/
- Historic Rally Festival postponed to 5th and 6th June 2021
- The safety of all those involved became the main priority
- Telford Town Park will again be the focus in 2021
It is with a heavy heart that the organisers of the Historic Rally Festival have decided to postpone this year’s inaugural event to the 5th and 6th of June 2021.
In light of this week’s recent announcements and concerns that the spread of Coronavirus is increasing, the organisers have felt that their priority is the safety of the competitors, spectators and all those involved with the event and to ensure they are kept safe.
Having postponed the event from June this year to the 24th and 25th October, it was hoped that the event had every chance of going ahead as initially planned, but as each week went by, the event was being scaled back further and becoming less of what was originally intended.
Having closely monitored the Government’s statements, all parties agreed to postpone the event until 5th and 6th June 2021 when the event should hopefully be able to run as planned but with even more exciting content. All those who have purchased tickets will have them automatically refunded. If you have any queries about your tickets, please contact Weston Park.
Warner Lewis, Historic Rally Festival Event Organiser commented: “We are extremely disappointed to make this decision, but the safety of everyone involved is our main priority. We wanted to have a big festival and celebrate rallying, but it was becoming more and more difficult to achieve this long-held dream. However, we now have another eight months to plan an even bigger event and would like to thank all those involved including Motorsport UK for their continued unwavering support.”
Alex Harris, Events Specialist at Telford & Wrekin Council commented: “We fully respect the decision to postpone the Historic Rally Festival given the current circumstances. We look forward to working with the organisers to rearrange for 2021”
- Louise Aitken-Walker to drive a Peugeot 205 at inaugural festival
- 30 year anniversary on becoming Ladies World Champion to be celebrated
- Louise returns to Weston Park, a stage from her first Lombard Rally
- Renown navigator Pauline Gullick set to co-drive
Louise Aitken-Walker, the first British female driver to win a world title has confirmed her participation in a
Peugeot 205 at the Historic Rally Festival being held at Weston Park on the 25th October.
- Rallying gets launched at Weston Park for inaugural festival
- Limited advanced only spectator tickets available for Weston Park stages on Sunday 25th October
- Telford’s QEII Arena to host live scrutineering and event service, free to spectators
- 80 cars set to tackle the historic stages including the famous water splash
- The 30 year anniversary of Louise Aitken-Walker becoming Ladies World Champion will be celebrated
The Historic Rally Festival was launched to the media (yesterday) at Weston Park in Shropshire with rally cars from all years demonstrating sections of the historic RAC rally course.
The event, which will be the first of its type in the UK with a MotorsportUK permit, is a multi-venue demonstration event with Telford’s QEII Arena playing a key part in the weekends action across Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th October.